Originally from Philadelphia, PA, Bill started working for Tempco in 2018 and has been serving customers with a smile ever since. Bill is a Marine Corp. veteran, Corporal E4 who received special recognition as Meritorious Corporal in Afghanistan. He was a member of the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines who were involved in providing humanitarian work in 2010 in Haiti after the earthquake where they handed out food and rice. That was where he had the opportunity to do what he really loves – helping people.
Bill is a very genuine tech who loves people and tries his best every day to make people smile. He believes that a smile could literally save someone’s life. In fact, his favorite thing to do is interact with customers. He loves to find out what their pest issue is and get to the root of the problem to solve it.
Bill, The Tempco Tech
As a Tempco Tech, Bill sees a lot of crazy things. Among the creepiest is when he finds a home with a German Cockroach infestation. When homes are abandoned for a while, someone just moves into a new house, or for one reason or another, the home is not cleaned often, that’s when he finds 30 to 40 roaches running around.
“Once I see live roaches, I can guess that there are probably hundreds more that I can’t see,” said Bill. “That’s when I go on the hunt to find the areas they are hanging out in the most and treat that first. Then, I go through and treat the entire perimeter of the house.”
Where do the roaches come from? According to what Bill has found, they usually get into the house through cardboard boxes from warehouses or liquor stores – especially when someone just moves into a house.
Bill’s Tips for Customers
- Get rid of cardboard boxes as soon as possible. They are like mobile homes for roaches.
- Store all food in sealable containers.
- Clean up crumbs as quickly as you can.
- Clean up clutter.
The Secret Scoop on Bill
- He loves the Philadelphia Eagles (and by default hates the Dallas Cowboys).
- He’s a gym rat and spends as much time as he can working out and improving his health.
- His favorite thing to do is spend time with his boys (12 and 5) – playing outside and staying active.